The Lenfest Learners After-School program is an enrichment-based after school program that serves young people across the Hunting Park community. Our goal is to develop young leaders through engaging and exciting curriculum. Students who participate in Lenfest Learners are given the opportunity to sharpen their academic skills and develop their social and emotional skills. We believe these opportunities will allow our young people to explore leadership in all its forms.
In the Fall semester, we focus on academic engagement and character development. New and returning Lenfest Learners are given the opportunity to learn about each other, build their team spirit, and develop positive behavior traits that will carry them throughout the entire school year.
In the Spring semester, we shift our focus to Project-Based Learning initiatives. Project-Based Learning is a teaching method wherein students gain knowledge and skills by working for an extended period of time to investigate and respond to a complex question, problem, or challenge. Project-Based Learning allows our young people to work together to achieve a common goal, and in doing so they strengthen their ability as critical thinkers and powerful leaders.
The Lenfest Learners After-school Program:
- Grades: Kindergarten – 8th grade
- Program Days: Monday – Thursday
- Program Hours: 3pm – 6pm (hours subject to change on field trip / half days)
- Maximum Roster Spots: 64 students
- Kindergarten-1st grade: 16
- 2nd-3rd grade: 16
- 4th-5th grade: 16
- 6th-8th grade: 16
- Fall Semester: September –December
- Enrollment Period: Opens in August, closes the last week in September
- Spring Semester: January – June
- Enrollment Period: Opens at the beginning of January, closes end of January
- January enrollment is used to fill empty roster spots only.
- Parent Interviews are required for all students who are interested in joining the after-school program; completing an interview does NOT guarantee your child a spot in the program.